Monday

What God Allows

I just recently read one woman's thoughts about the death of her daughter. She said, "It is what it is." She stopped trying to figure out why.

I'm not sure if I'd go so far as to say, "It is what it is." But, you and I both know that there is nothing we can do to change what happened. I'd rather say, "It is what God has allowed it to be." Maybe that's incorrect grammar, but I believe with all my heart that God is in control. Let me explain.

A few years ago, my niece was in a roll-over car accident. Praise God she walked away unharmed. My husband died in a roll-over car accident. His neck was broken.  He died.  Was God favoring my niece and not my husband? Why did He act on her behalf and not his?

Some answers we will never know this side of Heaven. But I do know this. Both my niece and my late husband knew Jesus as their personal Savior. God did not call my niece home. He called my first husband home.

It is what it is? No. It is what God allows it to be. And knowing (and the subsequent years following my first husband's death) and getting to know the LORD better, I understand this: I may not know God's workings or ways, but I can completely and utterly trust Him from beginning to end. He is the Alpha and the Omega--the beginning and the end.

And that my friends is enough. In that I can rest. And until that day I see my Savior, Jesus Christ face to face, I can say with joy, "Whatever you allow to come my way, dear God, you have promised to be with me. Thank you! You have proven Yourself faithful time and time again."

Remember, I am praying for you. God loves you and so do I!

With much love,
Susan