Thursday

Thankful

Just an update my friends, my new email address is susanskitt@verizon.net
If you so desire, feel free to contact me and I promise to pray for you. That is a huge part of what Anna's Place is all about, the privilege of praying for others who have experienced hurt or grief.

Today is Thanksgiving here in America and I know how hard it is to be thankful when you are hurting. The loss of that person that you love is very painful. But let me encourage you today to count your many blessings.

What blessings you may ask?

Like I tell my seven-year-old son, think - just think of all the good things that God has done for you and thank Him for each one. I recently helped out my son's school for their Thanksgiving Day party and after reading the children two books about thankfulness, I asked each of them what they were thankful for. Their honest answers were so cute. Family, Mom, Dad, sisters, brothers, dog, cat, God, Jesus, church, my son said "his hair" to keep his head warm, another child said "her ears" to hear.

May each of us have ears to hear God's Word and remember to use our mouths to thank Him for His peace and sustaining power. I promise you that the Bible says it is there available to you if you only ask. And friends, I have experienced God's peace and sustaining power in time of need. He is faithful. And for that I am forever thankful.

Remember I am praying for you.

In Jesus' love,
Susan

"Be anxious for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6,7