Wednesday

Moving On

I don't know where you are on your grief journey, but I thought I'd share something with you today from GriefShare e-devotionals about "moving on". Maybe you've thought, "But if I move on, that means I'm somehow dishonoring my loved ones memory." No, it gives their memory honor and it honors God. Let's see what Griefshare has to say on day 253 of their one-year devotionals.

What It Means to Move On

Day 253

Moving on does not mean . . .
• you forget the person
• you never feel the pain of your loss
• you believe that life is fair

Moving on does mean . . .
• you experience a lessening of the pain
• you can treasure your best memories of the person who has died
• you can realistically accept the different aspects of your loss
• you can form new relationships, try new things.

Moving on also means . . .
• you grow in grace and in your walk with God.
• you accept your loss and forgive others
• you understand that both joy and loss are a part of life
• you believe that God is good, even when life isn't.

"I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete" (John 15:11).

Holy God, sometimes moving on seems impossible. Continue to remind me that I cannot move on through my own strength, but only through an extension of Yours. Amen.

I pray that you are moving on in the Lord Jesus Christ, the sustainer and healer of all our woes. Remember, I am praying for you. God loves you and I do too!

Susan