Tuesday

Satisfied

It's been awhile since I posted here. But then I only post on this site when I feel a strong prompting. It came tonight.

These are the verses I read to my seven-year-old son as he snuggled into his covers at bedtime. A cool-mist vaporizor is running in his room. He is recovering from a bad case of the flu with a terrible cough.

O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.
So I have looked for You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.
Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips shall praise You.
Thus will I bless You while I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness,
And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips.
When I remember You on my bed,
I meditate on You in the night watches.
Because You have been my help,
Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.
My soul follows close behind You;
Your right hand upholds me.
Psalm 63:1-8

My seventeen-year-old son drove his Jeep to school this morning. He was encouraged by his school (he didn't need any prompting to be by his friend's side) and given an excused absence to go to a funeral for his classmate's mom - a mom I'm sure was probably close to the same age as me. She lost her battle with cancer. But her life was secure in God through Christ Jesus our Lord.

The days ahead will be difficult for this dear family. The heartache will be great. Even tonight, I lift them up in prayer as I know how it felt to stand by the graveside and watch the body of one you love being lowered into the ground.

But this life is not the end. It is just the beginning. For those who have trusted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and have died, they are with Christ in Glory. That is the comfort we can offer. Is it a pat answer? Some may say it is. Certainly this fact does not erase the pain, but it is the one thing that I held on to through the pain. It is what kept me going. This life is not the end.

Please lift up my son's friend and his family in prayer. God's lovingkindness is better than life. Are we ready to bless Him while we live?

Remember, I am praying for you. God knows the needs of your heart. Talk to Him. Seek Him. Praise Him. Bless Him. Lift up your hands to Him and God's Word promises that you will be satisfied.

Love,
Susan